Mystery Science Theater 3000 cake marks milestones
As I recently posted, the Nerdage blog recently hit 3000 posts. My wife Annette, a fine cakemaker, made the above Mystery Science Theater 3000 cake to celebrate. There’s even more to celebrate today. It’s my birthday, for one, and on this date 10 years ago – Feb. 2, 2001 – my first “Word Balloons” column about comic books ran in The Oklahoman
I will have a very self-congratulatory column running in Weekend Look this Friday, looking back at the past 10 years. But I also wanted to mark the date today, and say thanks to everyone who has been with me — as a friend or a colleague; as a source or a reader — for all or for any of that time. Thank you. I appreciate you all.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients