ComicsPRO Annual Meeting 2011 first thoughts
DALLAS — Despite the abnormally frigid temperatures in Dallas today, this year’s ComicsPRO Annual Members Meeting looks to be the best-attended yet.
Prior to the preview night, several retailers met with DC executives and staffers at an unofficial dinner, where they heard retailer ideas and concerns.
ComicsPRO hosted an official meet-and-greet beginning at 6 p.m.
There was a lot of talk about diversification in 2011, whether it be into toy lines, plush or other additional lines that could draw customers and dollars from outside the traditional comic book market.
There was also a lot of discussion among attending retailers for the need for increased marketing, whether that was generated at the store or publisher level. Some retailers praised recent initiatives by DC and Marvel to present shelf talkers and other point of purchase items.
Stores said some of the major problems facing the market were generating excitement, late-shipping books, and the still-lagging economy.
In the wake of Diamond’s announcement about a retail tie-in for digital sales, lots of retailers have questions about how
As far as management of the print product was concerned, line expansion was cited as a concern by some retailers, saying the size of some lines can make attracting new readers a difficult sell.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients