IDW’s Ted Adams promotes diversification in ComicsPRO keynote address
DALLAS, Texas — IDW Publishing CEO Ted Adams spoke at the ComicsPRO Annual Membership Meeting about his history in the industry and his hopes for the future.
Adams came to the meeting after visiting the set of the “Locke & Key” pilot in Pittsburgh, based on the IDW comic written by Joe Hill.
Adams suggested ideas for the direct market going forward, including the possibility of a national racking program and a combined industry co-op.
Adams suggested it’s important for the direct market to embrace diversity in the marketplace to ensure it’s continued existence and success.
“We’re going to niche ourselves into irrelevance” if the market is completely dependent on the top publishers, Adams said.
Adams discussed his past in the industry, from his early days with Eclipse, and his time with Dark Horse and Todd McFarlane. Things have changed mightily over the years, from days when very few graphic novels were rare to today, where nearly every bookstore in the country has a graphic novel section.
“The impact of our content on pop culture is extraordinary,” Adams said. “”There’s clearly an audience for the content we create.”
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4197Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3744Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 3743Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients