Star Wars: Crimson Empire takes closer look at Emperor’s Royal Guard
Of the “Star Wars” comics not featuring the stars of the original trilogy, this is one I’d always heard good reviews about. Now that I’ve read it, I’ll concur: “Crimson Empire” is a very enjoyable expanded universe story.
The six-issue series looks at an elite group that didn’t get a lot of development in the films – the Emperor’s elite Royal Guard.
Written by Mike Richardson and Randy Stradley (Aliens vs. Predator), with artwork by Paul Gulacy (Master of Kung-Fu) and P. Craig Russell (Elric: Stormbringer), “Crimson Empire” has a creative team that is very lauded in the comics industry.
Kir Kanos, one of the last two surviving members of Emperor Palpatine’s Royal Guard, is on the run. After the emperor’s death, Kanos is thought too dangerous to live. As a fugitive, he’s seeking revenge on those who betrayed the emperor. But being opposed to the new Empire regime draws him in with some members of the Rebel Alliance, who believe Kanos’ training could be of help to them.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients