Report: Kevin Costner may play Jonathan Kent in Superman reboot
Deadline reports that Kevin Costner is in line for a role in Zack Snyder’s Superman movie reboot. Speculation, including from Latino Review, is that Costner would play Superman’s adoptive father on Earth, Jonathan Kent.
Costner was most recently seen in “The Company Men,” and has a long and successful career including the films “Bull Durham,” “Field of Dreams” and “Dances With Wolves.” His sci-fi/fantasy luck hasn’t been as kind, with his films “Waterworld” and “The Postman” failing to make back their budgets.
Still, his Midwestern charm seems a good fit for the role of “Pa” Kent, which was previously played by Glenn Ford (“Superman: The Movie”), Eddie Jones (“Lois and Clark”) and Jonathan Schneider (“Smallville”). The role of Superman/Clark Kent in the new Superman film will be played by Henry Cavill (“The Tudors”).
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6186Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5739Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5547Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients