Jennifer Lawrence talks getting nude and blue for “X-Men: First Class”
Jennifer Lawrence talked to Parade Magazine about her upcoming role as Mystique in “X-Men: First Class.”
She said she originally was nervous about appearing wearing only body paint in “X-Men: First Class,” but then got used to it.
“I think I psyched myself out about [wearing only body paint for X-Men],” she said. “But then on the actual day, the only thing you’re worried about is sitting on things and not rubbing your scales off. It mostly becomes a maintenance problem and the last thing you think about is, ‘Oh right, I’m virtually naked.’”
She also said she wanted to maintain a feminine Mystique.
“When I got the part [of Mystique] and knew I had to be naked, I didn’t want to look like a pre-pubescent 13-year old boy,” she said. “I wanted to look like a woman so I knew I wanted to maintain my curves. I’m so sick of seeing these skinny little women and thinking I’m supposed to look like that and thinking young girls think they should also look like that. But of course there was working out: I had a trainer and I had a nutritionist. I worked out for two hours a day for seven days a week. I thought when I started doing it, ‘Oh my god, I’m going to be so skinny.’ But I ended up bulking up a little bit. I was basically on the Hugh Jackman-Wolverine diet and doing pull-ups. As soon as I stopped, I think I lost like 5 pounds in 4 days. I think when I see the movie I’m going to look like a freaking marine or something.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17700Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13947Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11336Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10871'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10364Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10094Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6825OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6766Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6423Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6208Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients