Strangers #3 (1993) continued to build Ultraverse
The Strangers come together as a team, as they face the menace of TNTNT.
Now with superhero names and costumes, the members of the Strangers – who gained their powers when an apparent bolt of lightning struck a cable car – face off against another team, financed by J.D. Hunt, who created the android now calling herself “Electrocute” as a member of the Strangers. As previously in the series, the production values remain high, the dialogue remains a little clunky.
A couple of subplots – about a man with cancer seemingly cured by the bolt from the sky in the first issue, and the hospitalized jazz musician Johnny Domino, injured in the same incident – continue to percolate. “Strangers” is classically styled superhero — or “ultrahero” — fun.
Strangers #3 is by Steve Englehart and Rick Hoberg.
- Matt Price
Comics read in 2011: 293. Still to go: 1718.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients