Greg Horn to provide art for “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark”
Comic book artist Greg Horn will provide artwork for the Broadway show “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark,” creating high-end illustrations for the play’s line of merchandise and imagery for the official program guide, according to a news release.
The “Spider-Man” Broadway show, conceived by Julie Taymor, has songs by Bono and The Edge of U2.
“I’ve worked on some mind-blowing jobs over the past 10 years, but this one might just take the cake,” Horn said in a news release. “It’s a biggie! They were nice enough to fly me up last month to see the show in person, and that really helped me get a grasp of the show’s scope and look. I’ve never seen anything like it…a visual spectacle!”
Horn is well-known for his Marvel Comics covers including “Ms. Marvel” and “Black Widow.”
“My goal with any project – whether we’re talking advertising, video game, or comic book art – is to create the highest quality of illustration,” Horn said. “In the case of ‘Turn Off the Dark,’ the bar is set pretty high by the rest of the production. By focusing on the best qualities of the characters and freeze-framing the action in the perfect place, I can create a marketable image that is epic and inspiring. I’m extremely pleased with the way things are turning out so far with Spidey!”
More info and art: http://www.greghornjudge.com
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients