Axe Cop is action-packed hilarity; plus more comic book reviews
Some quick looks at comic-books read recently:
Axe Cop: Bad Guy Earth #1
You absolutely need to buy this one. Written by a six-year-old and drawn by his 30 year old brother, “Axe Cop” features, perhaps obviously, an axe-wielding police officer who fights dinosaurs with machine guns for arms, alien invasions, and about anything else he might encounter. It’s hilarious and awesome.
5 Ronin #1
Kyle loved this one, but I didn’t totally follow it – though I think part of my problem was thinking it was going to tie into the regular Marvel universe. Written by Peter Milligan with art by Tomm Coker, this issue details the character Wolverine as if he had existed in samurai-era Japan.
Avengers Academy #10
Continues to be a really good “Avengers” title with a mix of the classic characters and the new trainees. Here, we get some insight on what Speedball has been going through since inadvertently setting off the superhero Civil War. Christos Gage writes and Sean Chen draws; with major “Avengers”-related plot elements in this issue, you shouldn’t be skipping this series.
Captain America and Falcon (One-Shot)
Though titled “Captain America and Falcon,” it’s mostly Falcon, but that’s OK, because the winged hero deserves to get the spotlight once in a while. Rob Williams writes; Rebekah Isaacs draws. I maintain she’s going to be a star someday, so the issue is worth picking up to be in on her early work.
Based on the short-lived Atlas/Seaboard line of the 1970s, “Wulf” is reinvented by Steve Niles and Nat Jones for this new line. Wulf is a Conan-type barbarian protecting his world from the very dark and creepy villain
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 51863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14915Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9511Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7474Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6783Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6733Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6649Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6166How to help tornado victims
- 6095Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients