Oklahoma’s Sterling Gates announced as writer for Kid Flash miniseries
Tulsa-born writer Sterling Gates has been announced as the writer for the Flashpoint tie-in miniseries”Kid Flash Lost Starring Bart Allen” No. 1.
The announcement, at DC Comics’ Source blog, also shares that the covers for the series will be by Francis Manapul and the art by Oliver Nome.
Gates, a University of Oklahoma graduate, was originally tapped to write a Kid Flash series in 2009; the book was sidelined in order to allow DC Comics to focus solely on the Barry Allen Flash.
Gates was the writer of “Supergirl” from 2008 to 2010, working primarily with artist Jamal Igle. Gates has also written issues of “Green Lantern Corps” and “Adventure Comics,” among others, and wrote the 2009-2010 mini “World’s Finest.”
With James Robinson, Gates wrote DC Comics’ 2010 Free Comic Book Day issue, “War of the Supermen,” and the following miniseries.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients