Ghostbusters still ain’t afraid of no ghosts: Team appearing in “Infestation” and “Sanctum of Slime” this month
More than 25 years after they first arrived in movie theaters, the wisecracking Ghostbusters remain at the heart of a popular franchise.
Ivan Reitman plans a third “Ghostbusters” film for Sony. He recently told The Hollywood Reporter that he’s waiting on Bill Murray to read the script.
In the meantime, Murray’s character Peter Venkman — along with fellow Ghostbusters Egon Spengler, Raymond Stantz and Winston Zeddmore — continue to appear in other properties about the characters, including comic books and video games.
IDW Publishing’s Tom Waltz is involved in both of these worlds, as the editor of IDW’s “Ghostbusters” comics and as the writer of the upcoming “Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime” video game.
“Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime” will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation Network, and Windows PC Download at Atari.com, on Wednesday.
The game is a four-player, ghost-busting adventure that allows gamers to take on the role of a rookie hired by the Ghostbusters to save New York City from a paranormal disaster.
“The game itself ties in a lot more closely to the movies, as well as the last video game,” Waltz said. “I think our comics at this point (also) always tie back in to the movies.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27414Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17780Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8920UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8299Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8258Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 8241OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6391Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5825Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5287Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients