Batman: Shadow of the Bat, Bloodshot, Hardware and more comic book reviews
A rundown of some of this week’s comic books read!
Batman: Shadow of the Bat 1-4
The swan song of Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle on Batman. In “The Last Arkham,” Batman gets himself interred in Arkham Asylum to track down a murderer. This series introduces Mr. Zsasz, Jeremiah Arkham and Amygdala. Grant and Breyfogle are one of my all-time favorite “Batman” teams, so I’d recommend tracking these issues down. The comic features fantastic covers by Brian Stelfreeze.
Sort of a high-tech mix between Wolverine and the Punisher, Valiant’s “Bloodshot” became a hit in late 1992. Written by Kevin VanHook with art by Don Perlin,
Angelo Mortalli is a former mobster, framed by a rival, who is sold to a Japanese syndicate who uses him as a test subject for an experiment that is intended to be fatal. The nanites he’s injected with resurrect him, though he’s lost all memory of his former life. Rescued from his captors, he takes the name Michael Lazarus and begins working on the side of the law.
The first issue of “Bloodshot” was actually released the same day as “The Death of Superman,” “Superman” #75 from DC Comics.
Darklight Prelude 1-3
Teri Sue Wood (now Resa Challender) followed up on “Wandering Star” with this paranormal mystery series featuring sisters who move into an apparently haunted house, rented to them by immortals. It’s a really good-looking book with an intriguing storyline.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8039Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4986Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4489Woman arrested on complaint of offering to engage in act of prostitution in Midwest City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients