Action Comics #900 features shocking change of status quo for Superman
Comics Alliance reports that Superman makes what appears to be a very surprising decision in the David Goyer-written back up story in “Action Comics” #900. SPOILERS AHEAD.
In the issue, after appearing in support of protesters in the Middle East, Superman finds himself at odds with the U.S. President. Superman’s appearance has been construed as an official move by the U.S. government.
Superman thus plans to renounce his American citizenship at the United Nations the next day, Comics Alliance writes, and to work as a more global superhero.
My immediate thoughts on this:
1. Clark Kent is the one who needs citizenship, not Superman – Superman doesn’t have a Social Security card, pay taxes, or even have any proof of his American citizenship to begin with.
2. This could get some severe PR blowback for DC, as the icon associated with “truth, justice and the American Way” says he’s no longer an American.
What do you think?
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 92690Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17105OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12852Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8967Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8623Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8590How to help tornado victims
- 8406Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8389Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7225Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7117Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients