“Truly outrageous” Jem and the Holograms to return to TV on the Hub; Conan the Adventurer also in lineup
The Hub Television network, which airs a variety of retro animation, has added two new programs to the lineup.
“Jem and the Holograms,” which originally aired in the late 1980s, will join The Hub’s schedule weekdays beginning Tuesday, May 31, at 7 p.m. ET (with encore performances throughout each day) and on Saturdays at 10 a.m. ET.
A marathon of the first 6 episodes will air Saturday, May 28, from 2-5 p.m. ET.
Here’s how the Hub describes the Jem series:
The series “Jem and the Holograms” ran from 1985-’88 in first-run syndication and still boasts a loyal and vocal fan base. It is frequently credited with influencing fashion in the late 1980s and beyond, and launching the careers of female pop-rock stars and music groups. The series follows Jerrica Benton, whose discovery of Synergy, a powerful computer companion, allows her to transform from co-owner of Starlight Music into rock star Jem. Teaming with her sister and best friends who form The Holograms, Jem sets out to make their musical dreams come true, even as she battles against the ruthless Eric Raymond and his musical protégés, The Misfits. The series was a joint collaboration of Hasbro Inc., Marvel Productions, as well as Sunbow Productions and was acquired from the Hasbro Studios library.
The half-hour animated show “Conan the Adventurer” will air this summer. It will air weekdays, beginning Tuesday, May 31 at 7:00 a.m. ET with encore presentations on Sundays at 6:00 a.m. ET.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients