Steve Blum voices the “megalomanical” robot Starscream in “Transformers Prime”
Voice actor Steve Blum has voiced villains from Captain Cold to Fin Fang Foom, but he’s really gotten a chance to dig into his dark side for his current role as the scheming robot Starscream in “Transformers Prime.”
“It was really fun to make him darker,” Blum said in a recent phone interview. “He still has that megalomaniacal delusional thing about
him, but he seems equally capable of causing a lot of havoc. So it was fun to dig a little bit deeper into that, into the emotional side of his psyche, too.”
Starscream is one of the Decepticons, a cadre of sentient, evil alien robots who can transform into forms resembling earth vehicles. They’re opposed by the Autobots, robots from the same planet who want to protect earth’s inhabitants. Based on the toy line from Hasbro, the Transformers first appeared on television in a 1980s animated series, and have since appeared in multiple animated incarnations and two live-action feature films, with a third set for this summer.
Blum got his start as a voice-actor doing English dubs of anime programs, and is perhaps best-known for voicing the Marvel Comics hero Wolverine in multiple animated incarnations. He said when working on a vocal performance, he goes first with instinct.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients