Gray Area, Schmuggy and Bimbo up next for John Romita Jr.
With the success of “Kick-Ass,” Romita has seen demand surge for other creator-owned properties.
“The Gray Area”: A brutal police officer is killed and finds himself an agent of an afterlife police force. The series was created by Glenn Brunswick and Romita. Originally published by Image Comics, “The Gray Area” will be republished by Marvel later this year. Stephen L’Heureux is attached to the film adaptation as a producer, and Mark Kratter is set as the screenwriter.
“Schmuggy and Bimbo”: Writer Howard Chaykin is working with Romita on this creator-owned series. “It’s based on two leg-breakers that grew up with my parents in Brooklyn back in the ’40s,” Romita said. “There’s some international intrigue and some spy stuff involved in this.”
“Jack the Cop”: Romita says he plans to write this screenplay on his own. “If I can go without sleep for six months,” he adds.
He also has at least one Marvel character he’d still like a crack at: Dr. Strange.
“I’d like to try a series with a guy like … Neil Gaiman, or any other really wild and visual writer. There’s something about that character that just brings out the best in me. And I have a couple of ideas. But again, it’s never been an A-list character, so it would be an interesting attempt.”
— Matthew Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3613How to help tornado victims
- 3586Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3014Oklahoma City Thunder: In his absence, Russell Westbrook's value becomes obvious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients