Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark set for Foxwoods Theatre
The Spider-Man musical “Spider-Man Turn off the Dark” has a home and a scheduled opening date, according to the Associated Press. The show will begin preview performances on Nov. 14, and opening night is set for Dec. 21. It will be performed at the Foxwoods Theatre. Click past the cut for the AP story.
- Matt Price
NEW YORK (AP) — Long hanging in limbo, the musical “Spider-Man Turn Off the Dark” is scheduled to spin its web later this year on Broadway.
Lead producer Michael Cohl announced Tuesday that the much-anticipated show will begin preview performances on Nov. 14, with opening night set for Dec. 21. Its home will be the former Hilton Theatre, now renamed the Foxwoods Theatre.
Based on the Marvel comic book hero, “Spider-Man” features music and lyrics by Bono and The Edge, with a book by its director, Julie Taymor, and Glen Berger.
Destined to be one of the most expensive musicals in Broadway history, it has been in the works for six years and faced financial hurdles. At one point, it was scheduled to begin performances this past winter.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17613Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13042Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11234Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 11211Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10608'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10120Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7197Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6592Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6062New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 5967Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients