10th annual Free Comic Book Day is Saturday
For the 10th year, comic book shops and participating locations around the world will give away comics to customers and visitors. This Saturday marks the 10th celebration of Free Comic Book Day. Characters such as Spider-Man, Thor, Green Lantern and the Smurfs star in special comics, sold at low cost to stores, to be given away free on this special day.
Free Comic Book Day was created by Concord, Calif., comic book retailer Joe Field, owner of Flying Colors Comics and Other Cool Stuff.
Field said about 2.7 million comics will be available for giveaway Saturday. Retailers have given away more than 25 million comics since the first giveaway in 2002. More than a dozen stores in the Oklahoma City area are
“My hope is that this comics ‘holiday’ inspires more people of all ages and interests to support their local comic shops,” Field said in a recent interview. “I hope FCBD can inspire all of us who work in comics and everyone who loves comics to use FCBD as a launchpad for introducing thousands more readers to the sublime wonders of comics!”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4013How to help tornado victims
- 3642Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3374Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients