Amy Adams: Nerdage’s #25 actress with geek appeal
The three-time Oscar nominee Amy Adams was selected by Zack Snyder to play Lois Lane in his upcoming reboot of the Superman films, titled “Man of Steel.”
While Adams’ selection may have surprised some, she’s certainly got a successful resume – in addition to the Oscar nominations for “Junebug,” “Doubt” and “The Fighter,” Adams has appeared in crowd-pleasers like “Enchanted” and “Julia and Julia.” In addition to her 2012 duties with “Man of Steel,” she’ll appear in “The Muppets” later this year.
David O. Russell, who directed Adams in “The Fighter,” said the actress has a mix of toughness and sensitivity.
“Amy’s very fierce,” he said. “… but Amy also brings a great deal of emotion in her eyes, so you have that great cocktail that I find so interesting, of the two.”
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5083Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5032Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4602UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients