Thor, Herc and John Carter among heroes of comic-book challenge catch-up post
Here’s an abbreviated rundown of several comics I’ve read over the past 2 weeks, but haven’t had time to post about.
Herc 1-2 – Fred Van Lente and Greg Pak are writing a street-level Herc in a fish out of water type tale that should appeal to fans of the “Thor” movie. Artist Neil Edwards has a touch of classic John Byrne to him. It’s a good mix of action and humor that I hope finds an audience.
Avengers 12, 12.1 – Brian Michael Bendis and John Romita Jr. wrap up the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. In 12.1, Bendis and Bryan Hitch create a standalone adventure with Ultron, tying into Tony Stark’s map of the future.
Incredible Hulks 626-627 – Hulk, in James Bond-style wear, tries to stop the opening of Pandora’s Box. Tom Grummett is always a capable artist, and Greg Pak has written some great Hulk stories.
Ruse #1 - Reintroducing the detective series from CrossGen written by Mark Waid. Loved the original series, liked this. Will stick it out through the run.
Mighty Thor #1 - Matt Fraction’s Thor is solid and well-done, but the #1 is more for the movie folks; it’s not dramatically different from what Fraction has been doing. OK, but not fantastic.
Action Comics #900 - The “citizenship” back-up story overshadowed in the press the main event of the conclusion of Paul Cornell’s Lex Luthor arc. But Cornell finishes up well here, if you can find a copy. (Second print is coming.)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 56820Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14719Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9122Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7282Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6520Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6448How to help tornado victims
- 6374Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6257Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6000Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5062Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients