Tara Platt: Nerdage’s #24 actress with geek appeal
Tara Platt, Nerdage’s #24 actress with geek appeal, got her start in the state of Oklahoma, where she lived from ages 7 to 11. After seeing a performance of “Annie, Get Your Gun,” the young Tara turned to her mother and said, “I want to do that.”
And that’s just what she’s done; the actress is maybe best known as the voice of Temari on the anime hit “Naruto,” but she has also portrayed superheroes Dream Girl (on “Legion of Superheroes”) and Wonder Woman (on the “DC vs. Mortal Kombat” game).
She’s also provided voice work for “Ben 10: Alien Force” and “Monster.”
She’s appeared in many live-action projects as well, including “Charmed,” “Attack of the Show” and “Parenthood.”
With husband Yuri Lowenthal, she wrote the book “Voice-Over Voice Actor: What It’s Like Behind the Mic.”
She was the fan-vote winner for Nerdage’s top actress with geek appeal in 2010.
Click past the cut for a video of Tara and Yuri at Comic-Con 2009.
- Matt Price
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients