Milla Jovovich’s Fifth Element examined at Planet 46
As part of Milla Jovovich Week at Planet 46, I’ve taken a look at her role in the 1997 sci-fi film “The Fifth Element.”
As “The Fifth Element” begins, a professor uncovers an archaeological relic in 1914. It almost seems as if the viewer is about to begin an Indiana Jones-style action-adventure, perhaps starring the professor’s assistant, played by Luke Perry.
But within a few moments, the tables have turned, and 1914 is just a piece that puts the plot in motion, as a great evil is scheduled to return to planet Earth some 300 years hence. Earth’s only protection appears to be a fifth element, held by an alien race, that can overcome a great evil when wielded properly.
After a leading role in 1991′s “Return to the Blue Lagoon” and a small role in Richard Linklater’s “Dazed and Confused,” Milla Jovovich had a comeback role in 1997 with the Fifth Element, playing Leeloo, a perfect being who is rescued from police by cab driver Korben Dallas, played by Bruce Willis.
Click here for the full article. Jovovich’s “Resident Evil: Afterlife” opens on Friday.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16150OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14605Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 10995Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9399Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 9121'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 8921Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 7695Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7584Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 7477Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7078Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients