Zachary Quinto, True Blood’s Michael McMillian launch Lucid comic-book series
Arthurian magic meets covert espionage in “Lucid,” the first comic book series produced by Archaia in conjunction with Zachary Quinto’s Before the Door media production company.
“Lucid” is written by Michael McMillian and drawn by Anna Wieszczyk. McMillian is perhaps best-known for playing Steve Newlin on the HBO series “True Blood.”
McMillian described “Lucid” as a “high-culture pop fantasy” in a recent conference call promoting the series.
“I grew up loving shows like the ‘X-Files’ and digging conspiracy theory and that kind of stuff,” McMillian said. “So, when Before the Door approached me that they wanted to do some comic books, I came in with this idea of a character who would have access to higher levels of consciousness, magic, and who was working for the government.”
Matthew Dee is the newly appointed “Protector of the Realm,” using his skills as a covert spy and Combat Mage to ensure America’s freedom. “Lucid” is set in a parallel universe where magic exists but is kept secret from the public.
“A lot of this has been inspired from 20th century folklore and conspiracy theory about secret projects that the government has been doing for years,” McMillian said. “It’s sort of an optimistic take in … that the government keeping magic from us, they’re doing it to keep us safe, not to sort of covet power.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4389Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4190OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3756As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients