Bob Harras named editor in chief at DC Comics
DC Comics has announced via the Source blog that Bob Harras, former Editor in Chief of Marvel Comics, has been named Editor in Chief of DC Comics.
According to the blog, Harras will oversee editorial for DC Comics, DC Universe, MAD Magazine and Vertigo and will be based in New York City, reporting directly to co-publishers Jim Lee and Dan Didio.
“Bob Harras’ personal and creative integrity is respected and renowned throughout the comic book industry,” said Jim Lee, DC Comics Co-Publisher, at the Source. “As an editor, he provides invaluable insight into storytelling and character.”
“We could not be more excited to make this announcement,” said Dan DiDio, DC Comics Co-Publisher at the Source. “Bob is a tremendous evaluator of talent, character and story. He is a proven leader who brings a keen understanding of the marketplace to the position.”
Harras was the group editor of collected editions at DC prior to being named Editor-in-Chief.
Harras was Editor-in-Chief of Marvel Comics from 1995 to 2000.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15772Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12083Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10914OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9909Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9575Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8649Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8648Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5321Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5132Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4646Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients