James McAvoy: Nerdage’s #18 actor with geek appeal
James McAvoy has had a busy 2011, appearing in “The Conspirator” and voicing Gnomeo in the animated “Gnomeo and Juliet.” But the most likely reason McAvoy lands at No. 18 on Nerdage’s list of actors with geek appeal is his upcoming role as Professor Charles Xavier in “X-Men: First Class.”
He’ll play the character Patrick Stewart played in the “X-Men” films, but this one is set in the 1960s, around the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis. “X-Men First Class” is set for release on June 3.
It’s not the first comic-book character McAvoy has played – he was the lead in “Wanted,” based on the graphic novel by Mark Millar.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients