Kevin Feige on Iron Man 2
Flawed heroes are what make Marvel superhero films interesting, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige said in a news conference promoting “Iron Man 2,” released recently on DVD and Blu-ray.
“When it comes to larger-than-life characters like our Marvel superheroes, a flaw is what makes them human and is their most important aspect,” he said. “We can push that flaw as far as we can, just short of puking into a toilet.”
Feige was referring to an alternate opening to “Iron Man 2,” included on the Blu-ray, which opens with Tony Stark, aka Iron Man, with his head in a toilet.
“While we liked the notion of starting off with our hero in an unexpected manner, ultimately (director) Jon (Favreau) felt it was best to see Tony first revealed on the Stark Expo stage,” Feige said.
Feige said the comic-book inspirations of films such as “Iron Man 2” will allow Marvel to make exciting stories for years to come.
“We have the incredibly unfair advantage of almost 70 years of material, all of which has been revamped and refreshed over the decades in comic book form,” Feige said. “Our job is to look at the rich history of these characters and pick the best stories to tell.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26517Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16984Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9163UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8469Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7839Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7354OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6545Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6151Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 5942Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5445Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients