Iron Man 2 effects aimed to support film’s reality
The creators of “Iron Man 2” wanted to make sure the film remained firmly fixed in a believable reality, despite the spectacular things happening throughout the film.
Co-producer Victoria Alonso said director Jon Favreau helped maintain that grounded feeling.
“When you add more spectacle you can go overboard, and Jon Favreau was specific about not making it feel anything else but real,” Alonso said in a news conference promoting the DVD and Blu-ray release of the film.
“Iron Man 2,” which stars Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, who wears a superpowered suit of armor to become Iron Man, featured more characters from the comic books, including Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow and Mickey Rourke as Whiplash.
“The comic books are always a place where we start,” Alonso said. “We want to use all the ingredients that were successful in the comics but always (make) sure they do translate to the film genre.
Don Cheadle, replacing Terrence Howard in the role of Stark’s best friend James Rhodes, wears what’s known as the “War Machine” armor in this film.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 6186Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5739Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 5547Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients