Famke Janssen: Nerdage’s #13 actress with geek appeal
“X-Men” star Famke Janssen, who portrayed Jean Grey, put herself behind the camera in 2010, directing “Bringing Up Bobby,” a movie filmed largely in the state of Oklahoma.
Janssen told The Oklahoman’s Gene Triplett that the state fascinated her.
“I was introduced to Oklahoma through my boyfriend Cole Frates and, being a foreigner, even though I’ve lived in the United States for about 20 years in New York, I thought it was a unique and different place, very American in a way that I think New York is sort of its own little country.
“I was fascinated by it, it intrigued me and Cole and I just sort of started developing this idea … which became ‘Bringing Up Bobby.’ And Oklahoma just seemed the right setting.
“I kind of felt like my space ship had landed because it was so different from what I have experienced growing up in Holland and living in New York. It really just inspired me.”
The film was recently shown at the film market in conjunction with the Cannes Film Festival.
Janssen plays an FBI agent in “The Chameleon,” set to open in limited release on June 10. She’ll co-star in “Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters” with Jeremy Renner in 2012.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21771Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7615Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6773OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6490OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5293Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4906Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4032Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3938Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3498Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients