The Walking Dead coming to TV; weekly comics series planned
The hit comic book series “The Walking Dead” comes to AMC on Sunday as a television miniseries.
Starting Sunday, fans can watch county Sheriff Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) traverse the U.S. after the world is ravaged by a zombie epidemic.
The show will premiere with a 90-minute episode at 9 p.m. Halloween. The show is written and executive-produced by three-time Academy Award nominee Frank Darabont (“The Shawshank Redemption,” “The Green Mile”), who also directs the pilot.
Image Comics, publishers of “The Walking Dead,” will give fans a new way to catch up on the comic book series in 2011. The story lines have been collected in trade paperback form, but for fans who prefer the single-issue comic book format, the series will be reprinted as single issues in 2011.
Called “The Walking Dead Weekly,” each week will bring a reprinted issue of the hit series in order of release.
“Keeping a series like this going year after year is all about creating good jumping-on points for new readers,” series creator and writer Robert Kirkman says in a news release. “And what better way to jump on than with the very first issue? Making this series available in single-issue form will make it easier for new fans to jump on board and for old fans to fill in any gaps in their collection.”
“The Walking Dead” was created by Kirkman and artist Tony Moore. The first issue was released in 2003. Charlie Adlard has been the artist since issue No. 7. The most recent issue of the series, No. 77, is available now.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients