Sebastian Stan: Nerdage’s #13 actor with geek appeal
Actor Sebastian Stan, who in 2010 appeared in “Hot Tub Time Machine” and “Black Swan,” is set to take on a role as a Marvel hero this summer, as James “Bucky” Barnes in “Captain America: The First Avenger.” Stan comes in at No. 13 on Nerdage’s list of actors with geek appeal.
Stan, who hadn’t previously been familiar with the comics, told MTV that he wanted to respect the themes while also being true to the armed services of 1944.
“I wanted to make sure I respected the themes in the comics that people related to about Bucky,” Stan said. “But at the same time, in my head, we were shooting a movie that takes place in 1944 and it is about a bunch of guys going to war and how they’re going to look out for each other.”
“Captain America: The First Avenger” is set to open on July 22.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24778Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14485Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10221UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9929Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 8118Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7280Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6506Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6361Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6228Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5696OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients