2,011 in 2011 comic book reading challenge: Week 20 and 21 recap
A big chunk of the recent comics challenge reading was focused on 1970s Captain America issues. I remember picking up issue #150, shown above, at a flea market probably about 20 years ago. At the time, it was one of the earliest issues of the series that I owned. (I’ve acquired more since then…) Anyway, it was a relatively productive reading period this time around, with 73 comics read. With 713 comics read total, I’m 35 percent of the way to 2,011 comics read, with 41 percent of the year over. Breakdowns after the cut.
Marvel Comics: 66
DC Comics: 3
I don’t necessarily like for Marvel to be that far out in front, but the main books I was working on this time around — Mystique, Marvels Project, Captain America — are all from the publisher.
Year to date breakdowns:
Marvel Comics remains in the lead, followed by DC Comics and Image. IDW moves up slightly.
Marvel Comics: 379
DC Comics: 78
Image Comics: 58
Valiant Comics: 43
Dark Horse: 36
Eclipse Comics: 23
NOW Comics: 12
Pen and Ink: 7
Sirius : 3
The 1980s stay in the lead for decades. The 2000s and 2010s slip ahead of the 1990s.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17340Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17005OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13213Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11218Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9481Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7832Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7484Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7070Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6266Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients