Jennifer Lawrence: Nerdage’s #5 actress with geek appeal
Kentucky-born Jennifer Lawrence was nominated for an Oscar for her role in “Winter’s Bone,” and, at 20, had a leading role in a No. 1 movie this summer — she starred as the shape-shifting mutant Mystique in “X-Men: First Class.” She also co-starred in Jodie Foster’s “The Beaver.” The actress comes in at No. 5 on Nerdage’s actresses with geek appeal.
She recently talked to the Syndey Morning Herald about her “Mystique” role.
”She’s a young insecure woman trying to cope with being a mutant,” Lawrence said. ”Mystique is discovering her sexuality and how she fits into the world. It’s very much a coming-of-age story.”
She said the few times in the film that her full body had to be painted blue, it was an eight-hour process involving seven people.
Near the end of the shoot, she tired of the three-hour process to remove the blue paint, and did it at home.
”I actually lost the safety deposit when I moved out of my apartment because the bath had turned blue,” she said.
Upcoming for Lawrence are the films “House at the End of the Street” and “Hunger Games.”
- Matt Price
Click past the cut for more Jennifer Lawrence images.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients