“Green Lantern” celebration set at Toy & Action Figure Museum
Green Lantern, an intergalactic peace officer who stars in comic books from DC Comics, has probably his highest profile ever this month.
Ryan Reynolds will star as Hal Jordan, Earth’s defender in the Green Lantern Corps, in the movie “Green Lantern” opening Friday, June 17.
The Toy & Action Figure Museum, 111 S Chickasaw St. in Pauls Valley, is celebrating the release with a weekend-long event starting Saturday, June 11.
And DC Comics announced a brand-new “Green Lantern” No. 1 comic for September, written by Geoff Johns, the company’s chief creative officer, who has been involved in the film adaptation.
“It’s building off the Green Lantern stories I’ve done since ‘Rebirth,’”Johns told The Associated Press about the series, which features art by Doug Mahnke and Christian Alamy. “Taking it in a very new
Green Lantern first appeared in the 1940s as Alan Scott. This first Green Lantern was created by writer Bill Finger and artist Martin Nodell. He first appeared in July 1940′s All-American Comics No. 16, and he had a magically powered Green Lantern ring.
“Of all the Green Lanterns, he really stands out,” said Kevin Stark, curator of the Toy & Action Figure Museum. “He’s got the cape, he’s got the red shirt. He’s really totally different from all the Green Lanterns.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3685College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3424Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3280Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients