Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston to voice “Thor” video game
SEGA has announced via a news release that “Thor” actors Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston will star in the video game “Thor: God of Thunder.” The pair will reprise their roles from the upcoming “Thor” film, with Hemsworth voicing Thor, the god of thunder, and Hiddleston voicing his villainous brother Loki, the god of mischief. The likenesses of the actors will also appear in the game.
“Bringing in Chris and Tom to star in Thor: God of Thunder gives us AAA talent that will create a truly cinematic interactive experience,” said Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing at SEGA Europe and SEGA of America, in the release. “Mighty Thor and the trickster Loki will face off with real emotion while giving fans visual and vocal continuity between the video game and film adaptations of the Marvel franchise.”
Matt Fraction, current writer of the “Thor” comic book, served as story consultant for the game. Thor will battle through worlds of Norse mythology to save his home of Asgard.
Foes will include Ulik, Ymir and Surtur from the Marvel comics. The game is set for release in spring 2011.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7581Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7449Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6635UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients