Tom Welling: Nerdage’s #2 actor with geek appeal
Tom Welling, who for 10 years played Clark Kent on the TV series “Smallville,” comes in at No. 2 on Nerdage’s list of actors with geek appeal.
“Smallville” concluded after its 10th season in May.
He has also worked as a producer and director, executive producing the show “Hellcats” and co-executive producing “Smallville.” He directed seven episodes of “Smallville” during its run.
There was some controversy over no iconic shot of Tom Welling in full Superman regalia in the finale of “Smallville,” but producers told The Hollywood Reporter that such a shot wasn’t needed.
While Welling’s future projects haven’t been announced, he told the Los Angeles Times in May that he was ready for the next stage of his life.
“I feel so grateful. But I also know it’s time to move on.”
- Matt Price
Click past the cut for more Tom Welling and Smallville images.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients