DC Comics releases preview art of Batman: Earth One, Superman: Earth One, Vol. 2
Geoff Johns and Gary Frank’s “Batman: Earth One” will be released in 2012, and DC Comics has released preview art from the book at the DC Comics Source blog.
The book is a retelling of the Batman legend in a contemporary setting.
“Gary and I are tackling BATMAN from the beginning, before he knows what he’s doing and with a very different ultimate goal in mind,” said Johns. “He’s never left Gotham. And our Gotham and the people in it are very gray. Our heroes unlikely. Our villains hidden. Our story is only beginning with volume one.”
Also, the best-selling “Superman: Earth One,” by J. Michael Straczynski and Shane Davis, will be getting a second volume in 2012.
“The overwhelming success of volume one of SUPERMAN: EARTH ONE – 37 weeks on the New York Times Bestseller list for graphic novels – meant we had to ensure that Volume Two was even better,” said Straczynski. Preview art for vol. 2 was also released at the Source blog.
- Matt Price
Click past the cut to see the preview art released for the two books.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6778Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 6425Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5726How to help tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients