“Bastard Road” short to premiere at Kyle Kinane’s Oklahoma City show
Comedian Kyle Kinane, one of Variety’s “Ten Comics to Watch” in 2010, comes to the City Arts Center, 3000 General Pershing, at 7 p.m. Sunday. Kinane, who has appeared on “Conan” and “Last Call with Carson Daly,” is bringing a world premiere with him.
The show will include the debut of the three-minute cartoon short “Bastard Road,” based on the comic created by writer Brian Winkeler, of Yukon, and artist Dave Curd, formerly of Edmond. Kinane and comedian Brian Posehn provide the voices.
The comic, about the post-apocalyptic wanderings of an amnesiac warrior, has appeared in the award-winning “Popgun” series of graphic novel anthologies from Image Comics. Eric Sandhop, of Oklahoma City, drew the comic in the most recent anthology, “Popgun” Vol. 4.
“It’s an ultraviolent, post-apocalyptic action/comedy: SpongeBob SquarePants meets ‘The Road Warrior,’” Winkeler told The Oklahoman in 2009.
Winkeler said he and Curd are currently pitching “Road” as an animated series and are at work on a 60-page graphic novel featuring the characters aimed at a summer release. Tickets for the Kyle Kinane show are $12 in advance or $15 at the door. Call 951-0000 or go to cityartscenter.org.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14862OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11951Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8347Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6661Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6166Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5685Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4422Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4121Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4098'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
- 4034Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients