“The Shadow” to return in Garth Ennis-written Dynamite comic series
Dynamite Entertainment has announced the return of the pulp hero The Shadow in a new ongoing comic-book series to be written by “Preacher” creator Garth Ennis.
Artist Aaron Campbell joins Ennis on the creative team for the comic, which will feature covers by artists Alex Ross, Howard Chaykin, Jae Lee and former Oklahoman John Cassaday. “The Shadow” No. 1 is scheduled for release in April.
The series will be set in 1938. The character wears a wide-brimmed, black fedora and a crimson scarf, has scores of secret operatives, and was last played in films in 1994 by Alec Baldwin. A new film version of the character is in development, with producer Sam Raimi attached.
“The Shadow is probably the last established character I like that I haven’t gotten around to writing yet, certainly on this side of the Atlantic,” said writer Garth Ennis in a news release. “It makes a kind of bloody, bullet-riddled sense: I always had a feeling our paths would cross sooner or later.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5056Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4611Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4176Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients