“Before Watchmen” prequels announced
DC Comics’ much-rumored “major news” was announced today on DC Comics’ Source blog, as a series of prequels to the best-selling graphic novel “Watchmen” were announced.
“It’s our responsibility as publishers to find new ways to keep all of our characters relevant,” said DC Entertainment Co-Publishers Dan DiDio and Jim Lee in a news release. “After twenty five years, the Watchmen are classic characters whose time has come for new stories to be told. We sought out the best writers and artists in the industry to build on the complex mythology of the original.”
“Before Watchmen” includes:
- RORSCHACH (4 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: Lee Bermejo
- MINUTEMEN (6 issues) – Writer/Artist: Darwyn Cooke
- COMEDIAN (6 issues) – Writer: Brian Azzarello. Artist: J.G. Jones
- DR. MANHATTAN (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artist: Adam Hughes
- NITE OWL (4 issues) – Writer: J. Michael Straczynski. Artists: Andy and Joe Kubert
- OZYMANDIAS (6 issues) – Writer: Len Wein. Artist: Jae Lee
- SILK SPECTRE (4 issues) – Writer: Darwyn Cooke. Artist: Amanda Conner
The series will be released weekly, with a back-up story in each issue from original series editor Len Wein, called “Curse of the Crimson Corsair.” The art for this story will be by original series colorist John Higgins.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 34667Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 26962Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6958OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6745Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4485OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4208Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3679College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3494Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3437Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3281Oklahoma softball: Keilani Ricketts and Sooners beat the heat as they hold off Arkansas
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients