‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’ 3-D Blu-ray review
If you’ve been holding out for the ultimate edition of “Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” it’s available in a four-disc set that includes a 3-D Blu-ray.
This edition contains more than three hours of bonus content.
“Dark of the Moon” may be the most technically adept of the robot-fighting series, and director Michael Bay has proved himself with this film as one of the directors who has a handle on how to use 3-D filmmaking. If you’re looking for a film to show off your new 3-D television with, this could be a good choice, as the movie starts off with a strong 3-D element. Unfortunately, the plot is labyrinthine, and the film’s ending drags on for too long, overshadowing the strong beginning.
“Transformers: Dark of the Moon,” for the third time, features the conflict between two factions of an alien race of robots, the Transformers, based on the action figure line from Hasbro.
The Autobots, led by Optimus Prime (voiced by Peter Cullen), believe in working with humanity after leaving their home planet of Cybertron; the Decepticons, led by Megatron (voiced by Hugo Weaving), wish to conquer Earth and destroy the Autobots. Bay should be given credit for casting Cullen, who created the voice of Optimus Prime for the 1980s cartoon, and sticking with him for all three blockbuster films.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19791Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7602OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6827Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6472OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5877Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4499Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4468Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4211Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3402Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3381Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients