“The Wolverine” set for July 2013 release
20th Century Fox has set a release date for the Hugh Jackman “Wolverine” sequel, titled “The Wolverine.”
The film is now set for a July 23, 2013 release date, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Jackman returns as the title character, based on the Marvel Comics mutant who first appeared in “Incredible Hulk” No. 181 in 1974. Wolverine is considered the most popular of the X-Men, and now appears in the X-Men titles, his own solo series, and Marvel’s Avengers comic books.
Jackman has starred as Wolverine in three previous “X-Men” films and in “Wolverine: Origins.” (And, SPOILER WARNING, perhaps, has a brief, but excellent, moment in “X-Men: First Class.”)
James Mangold is the director of the film, which is said to be loosely based on the Chris Claremont-Frank Miller “Wolverine” miniseries and will be set in Japan.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16352OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13509Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12593Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9784Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9412Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7721Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7510Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7432'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7083Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6955Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients