Bob Wayne honored with ComicsPRO Industry Appreciation Award
DALLAS — Bob Wayne, DC Entertainment’s Senior Vice President of Sales, was honored with the ComicsPRO Industry Appreciation Award in an afternoon ceremony.
The crowd of retailers, publishers and industry figures stood for an extended standing ovation as Wayne was named the recipient of the award, which is intended to honor those who help bring comic books to market.
“I would venture to say that no one in this room knows more about comics or the comics industry than Bob Wayne,” said ComicsPRO president Joe Field in his introduction of Wayne. Given that executives from most of the larger comics publishers and more than 100 comic retail operations were in the room, that’s a nice compliment.
“With his 25 years at DC Comics, now DC Entertainment, we’ve seen tremendous things happen, in large part because of what Bob Wayne’s been instrumental in making happen for us,” Field said.
The other nominees for the award were Cindy Fournier of Diamond; David Gabriel of Marvel; Robert Kirkman of Image and Eric Stephenson of Image.
The 2012 ComicsPRO Industry Appreciation Memorial Award was awarded to the late Phil Seuling, who founded the direct-market method of comic-book sales. Bill Schanes of Diamond Comics Distributors, a former customer of Seuling, accepted the award on his behalf. Julius Schwartz of DC Comics was the other nominee in this category.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 73942Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30870Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 27865Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 22757Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6762Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6400Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6313Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 6210Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5940Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 5466Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients