RIP John Severin
Comic Book Resources and others are reporting the death of classic comics artist John Severin. The Marvel and EC artist, known for titles including “Two-Fisted Tales” and “The Incredible Hulk” was 90. Severin was also a major contributor to “Cracked” and “MAD.”
Comics professionals responded to the news on Twitter.
“It was one of the highlights of my career to write pages he drew in Iron Fist,” wrote Ed Brubaker. “He was still great, still working, at 90.”
Artist Tony Moore related his childhood memories of Severin, and encouraged everyone to read the artist’s work on EC and MAD.
“Severin was one of my earliest favorites, picking up his stuff in Cracked as a kid,” wrote Tony Moore. “I’m so close to his work, i feel like i’ve lost family.”
“Astronaut Dad” artist Brent Schoonover also shared his reaction.
“RIP John Severin. I’ll always have a stack of MAD magazines that you worked on and made me laugh like crazy,” Schoonover wrote.
A statement from the family has been released at The Beat.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients