It’s Oreo’s 100th birthday
Its the 100th birthday of the tasty cookie known as Oreo! Kraft Foods, owners of Oreo, sent out some fun facts about the cookie. Find out more at the facebook page.
Oreo fun facts:
100th Birthday: March 6, 2012
• Birth year: 1912 — the same year the South Pole was discovered, and the Titanic sank.
• First sale: The first Oreo cookie was sold in Hoboken, NJ, where Oreo was originally packaged in bulk tins and sold by weight. Back then, grocers paid USD $0.30 cents/lb for Oreo.
• Namesakes: Oreo has a street named after it – Oreo Way – formerly known as West 15th Street between 9th & 10 Avenues in New York City where the first Oreo cookie was made at the original Nabisco bakery.
• Design: The first Oreo cookie was embossed with a thin wreath on the outer edge, with the Oreo name on the plain surface in the middle.
• Sales: Oreo is the world’s favorite cookie and the best-selling cookie brand of the 21st century, with $2 billion in global annual revenues. Kraft Foods is the proud custodian of Oreo, and Oreo is one of the company’s 12 “billion-dollar” brands.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20835Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17666Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12055Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9067Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8577Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8462Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8039Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4986Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4489Woman arrested on complaint of offering to engage in act of prostitution in Midwest City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients