Jim Lee Free Comic Book Day cover revealed by DC Comics
DC Comics has revealed the Jim Lee-drawn cover for this year’s Free Comic Book Day issue.
“DC Comics – The New 52 FCBD Edition” will feature a cover and five pages drawn by Lee (“Batman: Hush,” “Justice League”), who is also DC’s co-publisher. Among the five pages will be a four-page “Justice League” gatefold to accompany a new story by DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns.
The cover features three of DC’s best-known characters: Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. It also features the mysterious Pandora character who was found in the first issues of DC’s New 52 books in September.
The first Saturday in May is Free Comic Book Day, in which comic book shops and participating locations around the world will give away comics to customers and visitors.
Free Comic Book Day was created by Concord, Calif., comic book retailer Joe Field, owner of Flying Colors Comics and Other Cool Stuff.
This year’s Free Comic Book Day is May 5.
The first “Justice League” hardcover featuring the work of Johns and Lee will be on sale the first week of May, and Lee also provided new artwork for the custom Free Comic Book Day t-shirt.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 23122Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10571Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6943OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5977OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5278Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5014Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3834Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3753Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3593Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3185Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients