Oklahoma’s Mason Cook joins cast of movies “Lone Ranger” and “The Incredible Burt Wonderstone”
Oklahoma native Mason Cook, 11, has joined the cast of two major motion pictures, including “The Lone Ranger,” now shooting in New Mexico.
According to a news release, Cook, who starred in last summer’s “Spy Kids: All the Time in the World,”will co-star in “The Lone Ranger” and “The Incredible Burt Wonderstone.”
Mason will star as “Will” in Jerry Bruckheimer’s adaptation of “The Lone Ranger” for Walt Disney Pictures.
“There are no words to describe my reaction when I found out I booked the role of ‘Will’ in ‘The Lone Ranger’ and would be working with Johnny Depp,” said Mason in a news release. “When I was doing press for ‘Spy Kids: All the Time in the World’ last summer I told every reporter that my #1 acting role model and idol is Johnny Depp. And the movie is directed by Oscar winner Gore Verbinski who directed my favorite ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ movies! This is definitely the highlight of my career so far.”
“The Lone Ranger” stars Armie Hammer as The Lone Ranger and Depp as Tonto. The film is scheduled for a May 2013 release.
Mason also stars as the Young Burt Wonderstone in New Line’s “The Incredible Burt Wonderstone” starring Steve Carell, Jim Carrey, and Olivia Wilde.
Mason plays a younger version of Carell’s character in the film. The film is set in the world of Las Vegas magicians.
“It was so much fun being a part of a Steve Carell movie,” said Mason in a release. “He is one of my comedy heroes and he is just as funny off-camera as he is on-camera. When he met me he said, ‘You are very handsome – I can see why they hired you to play me!’ Since I play Burt when he is young and discovers magic, I had to learn lots of real magic tricks and work with a Magic Supervisor. That was really fun – I learned lots of magic secrets.”
Mason played Cecil in the hit film “Spy Kids: All the Time in the World.” His television appearances include Grey’s Anatomy, Hot In Cleveland, The Middle and Raising Hope. He will also appear in the upcoming film “The First Ride of Wyatt Earp” starring Val Kilmer.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8700How to help tornado victims
- 8573Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7011Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients