Art spotlight: Laura Givens’ cover for R.A. Jones’ “Deathwalker” novel
Laura Givens is the cover artist for Airship 27 Productions’ new fantasy novel by noted novelist and comic book writer and historian, R.A. Jones: “Deathwalker.”
See more of Laura Givens’ art at her web site, http://www.lauragivens-artist.com/.
With “Deathwalker,” Oklahoma writer Jones, writer of Malibu Comics’ “Scimitar” and “Protectors” as well as Marvel’s “Wolverine/Captain America,” has written a novel inspired by novelist Robert E. Howard’s world famous barbarian, Conan.
Here’s how Airship 27 describes the novel:
While on his vision quest, a young Cheyenne brave, High Bird, encounters the spirit of Death. The powerful wraith recruits the boy as his new agent in the world, and High Bird returns to his tribe altered forever as Deathwalker. When the Cheyenne people become the target of a vengeful Pawnee Shaman, Stands Alone, only Deathwalker can stand between this evil sorcerer and the total destruction of his people.
In addition to the cover art by Laura Givens, the book features interior illustrations by Michael Neno.
Airship 27 publishes anthologies and novels in the pulp magazine tradition.
For more information on Airship 27, visit www.airship27.com.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients