Andrew Garfield talks to SFX about Amazing Spider-Man; Lizard explained
Andrew Garfield’s Amazing Spider-Man is on the cover of the new SFX magazine, and the actor talks inside about how Spider-Man’s a bit like an internet commenter:
“You feel the power of it, the power of not being seen, the power of the mask,” he tells SFX. “Peter becomes witty when he’s got that protective layer. It’s like he’s on a message board.”
Meanwhile, producer Matt Tolmach talks about why the Lizard was chosen as the villain for this film:
“We made a real concerted effort to tell a different story. And this is a villain that serves the story we’re telling about, ‘Who am I? Where did I come from?’ There are thematic reasons why Curt Connors is the right villain for this movie,” Tolmach said. “Sometimes a movie is made or broken by its villain, and a great villain is somebody who is as inextricably tied into the story as the lead. They are often the personification of the thing that the lead is trying to overcome. And that’s what this is.”
More at the SFX web site and in the magazine, hitting stores Wednesday.
- Matt Price
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients