RIP Eduardo Barreto
Former “New Teen Titans” artist Eduardo Barreto has died at age 57, Comic Book Resources is reporting.
The artist worked with Marv Wolfman on the popular “New Teen Titans” series starting in the mid-1980s.
He was also an artist for the “Judge Parker” newspaper strip from 2006-2010 and the “Phantom” Sunday strip.
Barreto, who was born in Montevideo, Uruguay, contracted meningitis in 2010.
Comics writer and critic Rob Vollmar, of Chickasha, said Barreto had versatility and a deft artistic touch.
“Eduardo Barreto was an artist who brought style and impact to the books that he drew,” Vollmar said. “He was able to retain the sexiness that George Perez had brought to the Teen Titans revival of the late-70s while making the figures more organic and less posed. Though he was probably best known for his superhero work, Barreto was capable of much more, as evidenced by his collaboration with Ande Parks on ‘Union Station.’ It is a shame to see talented artists like Barreto go so young.”
George Perez shared the following comment on the George Perez facebook fan page:
“I was totally stunned to learn of the death of former TITANS artist Eduardo Barreto, at the incredibly young age of 57 (which is the same age as me),” Perez wrote. “Eduardo was probably second only to me in the number of issues of THE NEW TEEN TITANS drawn during its initial run. He was an exceptional draftsman and, as I learned in my only meeting with him during a convention, a very nice gentleman. My condolences to his family, friends, and fans.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients