Young Justice: Season One, Vol. 3 DVD review
The sidekicks of some of DC Comics’ top superheroes take the lead roles in “Young Justice.”
The Cartoon Network animated series features Robin, Superboy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Miss Martian and Artemis as superhero teens who are learning the ropes while taking on covert assignments for their mentors.
The group is supervised by the robotic hero Red Tornado and trained by the Black Canary, whose sonic superpowers are augmented by her hand-to-hand fighting skills. The team receives its assignments from Batman (Bruce Greenwood).
Episodes 9-12 of Season One make up “Vol. 3.”
“Bereft” has the makings of a spy thriller as the team wakes up in the desert of a Middle Eastern country with no memory of the past six months. Team telepath Miss Martian (Danica McKellar) tries to restore the team’s memories, and rescue Superboy (Nolan North), who as a clone has reverted to a savage state. The series took a seven-month hiatus following this episode, before returning with another episode with espionage overtones.
“Targets” features Red Arrow (Crispin Freeman) and Aqualad (Khary Payton) teaming up to protect a villain for the greater good of ongoing peace talks in “Targets.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6946Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6921Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5498Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients